At the outset of “Launch – How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition” author Michael Stelzner encourages the reader to read the whole book before acting. To be honest, I couldn’t do it. As I read the book, I began sketching ideas and thoughts in the margins. (I tend to dog ear books and make them mine.) And, I began some minor implementations.
As I shared in my two previous posts on the book, there is much useable material in the book. As a music therapist, I must always translate business books through the eyes of my Code of Ethics and HIPA. Still much of the book is applicable and little appears to create such conflict.
The most marked up, most useable portion of the book is on creating engaging content. Knowing the six types of content, their components, and having examples is super! This is the area I need to develop. Thank you for providing me such a great source, Michael!
I wish to thank Michael Stelzner for providing me a copy of this book to read and a copy to give away. So here’s the deal, one person will receive this book for FREE. To enter for your chance:
- You must have a current United States postal address.
- You need to enter a comment as to how you see this book helping you in your work in this attachment before noon Central Time, Friday, July 8, 2011.
- On Friday evening, I will have a group identify the top three people. Preference will be given to those in a music and art related field.
- On Saturday, July 9th, I will post a poll for votes to be cast on the top 3 people. The poll will remain open until Monday, July 11, 2011. At that time, if there is a tie, a name will be drawn from a hat.
- Winners contacted by email. They will have 24 hours to respond. If no response is received another winner will be selected.
- Once we have a confirmed recipient, a post announcing the winner will show on this blog.